1. Plouffe Party of 4 - Monday, June 06, 2011 - (Ground Fishing) This was a perfect day on the ocean. The weather conditions were favorable and the sea was moderate. The trip was very successful with more than 50 catches all released with the exception of the 6 retained keepers 3 cod ranging from 24-32" and 3 haddock ranging from 22-26". Whales visited while we fished.
2. Dunn Party of 6 - Monday, June 20, 2011 - (Ground Fishing) Another excellent day on the ocean. The weather conditions were more than favorable with light winds and some clouds. The sea conditions were moderate with swells in the 2-4' category. The trip was successful with 28 fish caught all released with the exception of the 8 retained keepers 5 cod ranging from 24-28" and 3 haddock 24-28". Whales spotted.
3. Barrett Party of 2 - Thursday, June 23, 2011 - (Ground Fishing) Almost a perfect day on the ocean. The weather was sunny with light winds and sea conditions that were 1-2' swells. The trip resulted in 20 fish being caught all released with the exception of 1 32" cod retained. Whales and porpoise kept us company. Two of the whales came with in 20' of Irish Lines surfaced and blew close enough to smell the breath...(we should have offered a tic tac).
4. Poell Party of 6 - Saturday, July 2, 2011 - (Ground Fishing) Another perfect day on the ocean. The weather was sunny and very warm and the sea conditions were 1-2' swells. The trip resulted in nearly 30 fish being caught all released with the exception of 2 Haddock 24 - 26", 1 Cod 26" and 1 Red Fish 12". Whales, porpoise, tuna, numerous seals and a basking shark kept us company as we fished.
5. Brule Party of 4 - Wednesday, July 6, 2011 - (Shark Fishing) A rough day on the ocean is better than a smooth day in the office. The weather conditions were fair, sunny with some clouds and warm, yet the sea conditions ranged from 2-6' with chop and whitecaps. The final result was a good day sightseeing, lighthouse viewing and seal watching. Whales seen in proximity although they kept their distance today.
6. Smeaton Party of 2 - Saturday, July 9, 2011 - (Ground Fishing) - A good start to the day with a rough ending. We had clouds with some sun and the seas ranged from 2-6' with chop and blowing whitecaps. This was a fathers day gift which was very pleasant and productive. We caught nearly 10 fish all of which were released with the exception of 1 Haddock 22". We saw porpoise and seals during the day.
7. Johnson Party of 2 - Monday, July 11, 2011 - (Ground Fishing) - A windy day with moderate seas. Sunny and hot. We caught nearly 35 Pollack all of which were released alive to catch another day.
8. Nickerson Party of 3 - Friday, July 15, 2011 - (Shark Fishing/Ground Fishing) The weather was beautiful with approximately 3' rolling swells to start the day. We enjoyed a good drift, saw whales and tuna but the water temperature was still in the low 60's approximately 62 degrees to start which really cooled off the shark fishing endeavor. Part way through the day we transitioned to ground fishing keeping the chum in the water to see if the sharks would come to the boat. We caught approximately 15 fish with two keeper Pollack over 30" each. An excellent day overall the return trip became a little choppy but remained enjoyable.
9. Monday, July 18, 2011 - (Shark Fishing) - Regrettably canceled due to thunder storms, strong winds and seas described by the USCG as hazardous sea conditions.
10. Saturday, July 30, 2011 - (Shark Fishing) - Regrettably canceled due to strong winds and sea conditions described by the USCG as hazardous sea conditions.
11. Burkhardt party of 5 - Sunday, July 31, 2011 - (Shark Fishing) - The weather was nearly perfect for shark fishing. Light winds to afford a good drift with 1 - 2' gently rolling seas which facilitated an excellent chum slick. The sun was inviting and warm providing excellent visibility and only a few fair weather clouds. Within an hour and a half the shark responded to the chum and the first fish was on. After a well fought battle the shark was brought to the side of Irish Lines and promptly released by Capt. Mark. There were 11 hook-ups throughout the day; 7 of which were played out and brought boatside and released, while the remainder released themselves.
An unexpected vacation was experienced through the month of August...
12. Thompson party of 3 - Tuesday, August 23, 2011 - (Ground Fishing) - The weather was sunny with a light breeze and the seas were 1 - 3' with a long gentle pause between them. This was a special trip for my first mate Colby, who is 15, as he demonstrated and was successful with ground fishing techniques utilized aboard Irish Lines. A total of 22 Fish were caught a good mix of short cod and pollack which were caught and released and 2 cod over 26" were retained.
This page will be updated regularly.
2011 - This Season is now fully under way. Please stay tuned shortly after your trip to review Captain Mark's entry of your experience aboard "Irish Lines."
Jigs & Reels Charter LLC offers; Tuna Fishing, Shark Fishing and Scenic Tours to include lighthouse tours, sunset charters, whale watching, geochache treasure hunts and boat delivery service.